cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to join meeting using 3rd party controller?

I'm working on using an AMX control system to control a Cisco Webex Codec Plus, and can't seem to join a scheduled meeting.  Using the xCommand Bookings List, I get a whole bunch of information about the meeting, but I can't use any  of this information to join a meeting. The Booking 1 Id, Booking 1 MeetingID, Booking 1 Title, DialInfo Calls Call 1 Number all fail, with a Meeting Not Found error. Putting @webex.com at the end doesn’t connect either. I would think it’s the 36-digit hex number MeetingId, but that doesn’t work, even tried removing the dashes.

From my computer I can start the meeting, and see in the Meeting Info a meeting number is a 11-digit number. Sending an xCommand to join this meeting does successfully connect. But this 11-digit number isn’t in any of the data I’m extracting from the Bookings List. Just 36-digit hex numbers.

Is there some sort of transformation that done to the long hex number to get the short meeting number?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would have thought that should work - you may also need to include the BookingId.

If that still doesn't work for you, I'd suggest you reach out to the TAC for some more targeted assistance for your specific environment.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may depend on what the booking system is, how/where your device is registered, or what type of booking it is - perhaps the other end is dialing the endpoint, in which case you'll not see a number to dial, as the other end will dial in.

I did a test on one of my on-prem registered endpoints through TMS and set it as a OBTP meeting and the number to dial (and the protocol and call rate) all appear under the xCommand Booking List command.

Are you able to provide a sample of what you see?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, thanks for your response!
I'm not certain what the backend booking system is. This is part of a campus-wide instance of everything Cisco, where I can access the Cisco Webex Control Hub and monitor/configure this codec. A shared calendar is set up for and tied to this codec, and users can schedule a meeting with this codec as the Location. Sending to the codec "xCommand Bookings List" returns the following info (for a past meeting):

What command should I use to join the meeting listed in Booking 1, and what information do I need to include in that join command?

OK

*r BookingsListResult (status=OK):

*r BookingsListResult ResultInfo TotalRows: 1

*r BookingsListResult LastUpdated: "2021-12-22T21:55:27Z"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Id: "webex-3"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 MeetingId: "18688442-8df0-6650-b8ba-f5fcd3900d9f"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Title: "Test Meeting 5"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Agenda: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Privacy: Private

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Organizer FirstName: "Derek Dombrowski"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Organizer LastName: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Organizer Email: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Organizer Id: "71d036fe-72d4-4835-b7d2-b9a0acfd9b84"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Time StartTime: "2021-12-22T22:00:00Z"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Time StartTimeBuffer: 300

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Time EndTime: "2021-12-22T22:30:00Z"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Time EndTimeBuffer: 0

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 MaximumMeetingExtension: 30

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 MeetingExtensionAvailability: Guaranteed

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 BookingStatus: OK

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 BookingStatusMessage: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Cancellable: False

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Webex Enabled: False

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Webex Url: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Webex MeetingNumber: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Webex Password: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Webex HostKey: ""

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Encryption: BestEffort

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Recording: Disabled

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 DialInfo Calls Call 1 Number: "e8d4dc4a-3316-3408-974c-d45521f79d45"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 DialInfo Calls Call 1 Protocol: Spark

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 DialInfo ConnectMode: OBTP

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark MeetingType: Scheduled

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Alert: True

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark LocusActive: True

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Pending: False

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Participants Participant 1 Id: "71d036fe-72d4-4835-b7d2-b9a0acfd9b84"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Participants Participant 1 Name: "Derek Dombrowski"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Participants Participant 1 State: Invited

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Participants Participant 2 Id: "5c476d3b-784e-495d-92a8-0db60dce67eb"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Participants Participant 2 Name: "Bascom 272 Test"

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Spark Participants Participant 2 State: Invited

** end

The two important line is:

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 DialInfo Calls Call 1 Protocol: Spark

So when you issue the dial command, you need to specify the call protocol as Spark - without adding the protocol, the codec will try to use whatever its default call protocol is (usually SIP or H.323) which will fail as the "Number" would be invalid for those.

Wayne

What are the two things I need to send it? In my meeting above, would it be "xCommand Dial Number: e8d4dc4a-3316-3408-974c-d45521f79d45 Protocol: Spark"?

That doesn't work, I'm afraid. It does indeed launch a meeting, but it looks like it's an ad-hoc meeting, not the scheduled meeting already in progress.

I would have thought that should work - you may also need to include the BookingId.

If that still doesn't work for you, I'd suggest you reach out to the TAC for some more targeted assistance for your specific environment.

Wayne

That's it! I need to send it BOTH the DialInfo Calls Call 1 Number AND the BookingID. So to join my example meeting, I would need to send it "xCommand Dial Number: e8d4dc4a-3316-3408-974c-d45521f79d45 BookingId: webex-3"

Thanks for your help!!!