cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid enabled Cisco Room kits - Calling SIP address as default??

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

ood afternoon everyone and I hope you are all having a good day.

We have an issue where our on Prem Cisco Room kits, are defaulting to the SIP address of the address book. We have not configured SIP calling within our CUCM when causing the touch 10 tablets. 

Our room kits are updated via WebEx and running the latest stable version. 

I have looked in the settings on WebEx Admin portal but am either looking for the wrong setting or in the wrong place.

What I want is to change it back to use the main DN from the on PREM CUCM system rather than the SIP address. If you log in to the Room kit and check the address book the DN is the default but when using the touch 10 it defaults to the SIP address which does not work. 

Which leads me to believe it could a change on an update?

MAny thanks for any assistance. 

2 Replies 2

Not an answer to your question as such, but why do you not simply configure SIP uri dial in your CM? It’s not really very hard to do, you just configure SIP route patterns and point it to your SIP trunks that you should have already to connect your CM systems together. This would “only” be used for calls that is destined to a remote CM, any call made to a destination in the same CM cluster would work natively.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the bond between the directory number and SIP uri is formed by setting the primary number on the user account that the device is associated with.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Good question, I have been told by my higher up that we are not going to be doing that for internal numbers at the moment (as it's only internal DN that are affected) as there is too much configuration to do. I don't know how to configure it, I have to go deal with miles of red tape before it might be considered. 

Hence why I want the Room kits to just use the CUCM DN as the default calling option.