Views
Helpful
Replies

ICE for Jabber Video of iPad

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Experts

The VCS Expressway in my network is running TURN, and normally, when two Jabber Video Mac call each other, in some situation, they could estalish the connection with each other directly, although all of them are behind NAT, and we called "STUN" for this situation, and in VCS Expressway, we'll see no TURN relay's for such connectivity.

But when I tested with iPad, no matter how the situation is, the connectivity also required TURN relays, instead of direct connected with each other, so let me ask here, is the iPad not support "STUN" of ICE yet, right? or why this happened on iPad.

3 Replies 3

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, guys, I've changed to another network setup, in which iPad and Movi are both in the same subnet, when they talk, they looks connected directly, and there isn't any TURN relays in the VCS Expressway, so it works.

Jabber of iPad does support ICE and you will see a=candidate line in Invite from Jabber for iPad.

As example, something like below:

============================================

a=candidate:1 1 --> RTP Candidate to Host IP address

a=candidate:1 2 --> RTCP Candidate to Host IP address

a=candidate:3 1 --> RTP Candidate to Rflx IP address

a=candidate:3 2 --> RTCP Candidate to Rflx IP address

a=candidate:4 1 --> RTP Candidate to Relay IP address

a=candidate:4 2 --> RTCP Candidate to Relay IP address

============================================

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Works fine here, did you remember to add the ICE and TURN server options for the ipad device template in the provisioning?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: