cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP/VC 3511 and 3510 MCU's

rdassow
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IP/VC 3511 running software v 3.5 . It does NOT have the EMP. I want to get the more complex layouts and more continuous presence options, and more participants at higher bandwidths. Can I cascade a 3510 to my existing 3511 and use it as a MP to accomplish this? Can the 3510 run the 3.5 software?

Please advise.

ryan

5 Replies 5

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Technically you can cascade those two MCU models together, but it will not help you to achieve the goals you listed below.

1. More complex layouts are only available with an EMP

2. More continuous presence options are only available with an EMP

3. More participants at higher bandwidths: the 3510 can only do 5

participants at 768kbps and 3 participants at 1.5Mbps, so it's not much of a gain...

There are also several other miscellaneous limitations when cascading them. The 3510 is very old and does not offer any of the newer capabilities of the 3511.

jrobrts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could cascade the 3510 to the 3511, but it will not provide that big a benefit. The 3510 does not support the new 3.5.24 software as this is only available on the 3511/3540 series MCU.

Hi,

I have a meeting place setup with one CUVC. I want to cascade one more CUVC 3545 to the setup. I dont have a CUVCM. I need to do the cascading of these CUVC's using video admin. Can anyone help me out about the config.

Both these CUVC's are part of same LAN.

Hi,

I have 3 emp's registered to an MCU 3545. There is a single service prefix present on this enabled for HD/SD Contimous presence.But i get to see only 32 ports for booking conferences on Meeting place resource availability screen. I believe that a 24 emp card should support 16 HD/SD Conference participants.Please advise.

Prakash,

Please let me know if you have got any clue about this behaviour.

Regards,

Vinod