cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is traversal calls neccessary in VCS maintenance cost?

jonas.eriksson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking at a quote for a VCS control and pondering all the maintenance costs.

I can understand it for hardware and various software options but do I really need to pay maintenance for the non-traversal call licenses?

Is that strictly neccessary in order to get support and software upgrades for my units?

Cheers!

Jonas

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you should purchase the maintenance for the complete product (VCS + all the licences).

Cisco could chose to not support your VCS if it was only partially covered by support and maintenance and didn't include coverage on all the installed licencing.

The same goes for TMS, and the additonal Device Licence packs - they incur an additional maintenance cost as well, and while you could just take out maintenance on just the base TMS product, if you're not paying for support for the complete product, Cisco could chose not to support it, or charge you for any time spent.

You'd have to check the fine details of the wording on the actual maintenance contract you sign up on.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.