Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber AD integration

Folks

I have a VCSe and VCSc with TMS. All the endpoints sit on the internal network and register only to the Control. I also have Jabber/Movi users who register within the network and at times outside from home. These Movi users hit the Expressway and are challenged by the Control as the Expressway proxies the registration to the Control. VCS Control uses the TMS database to authenticate currently.

What I want to do is use AD or LDAP to authenticate instead of TMS, as I would like end users to use the same password they use in mail, PC logins and other business applications, instead of me having to generate passwords from them in TMS at time of provisioning. However, I do not wish to challenge hard endpoints that reside on the internal network and registers to the control and at the same time I do not wish to have endpoints register to the expressway.

Can you advise how this can be done?

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The scenario should work fine with AD and NTLM authentication, that would just hit jabber video.

Depending on how secure the registrations need to be and if you have internal ip ranges which are

matching your endpoints you can put them in a local subzone bypassing the authentication.

There are some deployment guides around that. Check out the documentation.

You can have your external jabber clients to be registered to the VCS-E or use proxy registration (what I would prefer) or

have it proxy registered to the VCS-C.

As there are some deployment combinations and solutions and workarounds

I would check with a local consultant who can look into your deployment and see whats the best for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: