Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber4Telepresence Client disconnect after about 30 seconds

martin1.plank
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We are using VCScluster with two VCSc s. We are using one VCSe placed in DMZ using NAT to external IP Adress.

With Jabber4Telepresence placed on the internal LAN there is no problem.

Using Jabber4Telepresence placed to Internet we have problems.

Public Jabber4Telepresence registers to VCS Cluster through the VCSe and this works fine.

Setting up a Call the call gets connected but after about 30 seconds the call gets disconnected.

Using Jabber4iPad On Public Internet the call never gets disconnected.

Any ideas?

Kind regards.

Martin

13 Replies 13

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all if you are using NAT for the IP address of the VCS-E you _NEED_ to have

the dual interface option a this one adds the field to specify the external official ip.

Btw, all traffic _MUST_ be directed to the external address, not the not nated ip.

There are a coupe of postings with more info about that in the forum, a search will show

you more.

Besides that if its an unencrypted sip call also ALG or other Voip-L3 functionality or to low tcp

timeouts can mess things up. Also many threads should be found here about that part.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue you are seeing regarding the Jabber for TelePresence is possibly the known issue where if the device registration is proxied to the VCS Control, where the VCS Controls are clusters. Here is what is happending.

- Jabber client registers through the Expressway to a Control that in the Expressway traversal zone.

- The registration requires authentication

- When the client re-registers each minute (normal SIP (re)registration process), the registration request is sent to one of the other Controls in the cluster.

- The client then ends the current registration and re-authenticates to the other Control

- The client (Jabber) will tear down the active call when it need to re-authenticate the registration

This issue is resolved in the current version for Jabber for iPad. The current version of Jabber for TelePresence still has this issue. Defect : CSCud17952

- Zac

Hi Zachary,

I 've tested now with different versions for iMac.

With V4.3 after about 30 minutes a activ call get's disconnected.

So can anybody tell the version to use without any problems?

Kind regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

I tested the latest version of Jabber for telepresence, 4.6, and the problem remains the same.

According to Zac's answer, I understand that this problem is resolved only in Jabber for IPad, the latest version of Jabber for Telepresence still has this limitation, that includes iMac version.

Unfortunately, I don't have privilege enough to access this bug in Bug Tool Kit. Maybe somebody from Cisco can help us here and provide more information about the correctin to the bug CSCud17952.

Like you, I am also awaiting to have this bug fixed.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

Unfortunately I also don't have enough privilege to access this bug.

Regards Martin Plank

Well, it seems this bug has not been oficially published.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Martin,

Try this workaround by changing the traversal zone authentication from "check credential" to "treat as authenticated" and see this resolve the diconnection issue.

regards, Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

I am looking for some workaround too. But when I set traversal zone to "treat as authenticated", jabber clients are able to login with wrong password or even with a blank password, because in this case, VCS does not challenge the client for authentication, so provisioning information are sent without authentication.

Is this the only workaround we have at this moment? Does Cisco has plan to fix that bug in the next software version?

Thanks

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi,

We have the Same Problem with the VCS Cluster . Our calls interrupts every 1-3 minutes, sometimes more or less. We still wait of cisco's statement about a bug fix or not. That is a very bad issue. What we can do until Cisco fixit this problem with the Movi client ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only current workaround is to register the external clients directly to the Expressway instead of proxying the registration to the Control. Keep in mind that this may take a bit of a redesign of the VCS configurations and Provisioning configuration for the Jabber clients.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Zac,

Currently, we are planning to move registrations to VCSe just because of this bug. If that is the only workaround at this moment, we are going to do that. Basically, I will have to redesign the deployment.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi,

Any News????

Kind regards

Martin

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Supposedly bug CSCud17952 "call drops during re-registration across traversal zone" has been fixed in the latest version (4.8).

I'm still seeing similar issues in my environment (call drops after about 30 seconds) though.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.