Views
Helpful
Replies

licensing issue tms-cms-rms

Bar1s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We recently purchased be6k starting with BE6K-START-MTG35 and and hundreds of enhanced users. Also 2 CMS 1K.

First question is, I assumed we gonna have 6 rms license as bundle.. But pak it didn't come any rms license with our order. I think last year was like that ? Am I have to order rms license separately  ?

Second question, we got TMS features LIC-TMS-PMP-PAK, LIC-TMS-EX25-PMP, LIC-TMS-25-PMP with our order. But order does not include TMS release key -serial number. However, I sent an email to /licensing  in order to obtain tms release key or find out, but somehow agent registered these paks with my expressway serial. And agent send my expressway release key for TMS !! Is it normal ?
How I am going to obtain TMS release key ? Am I have to order separately ?

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Bar1s
Level 1
Level 1

Even though it is new order,

For TMS apparently you have to order zero cost TMS software license which is 

L-TMS-SW-PAK

And If you have two CMS 1K, for clustering database you have to order additional license for necessity of at least three database node. Zero cost again : 

R-CMS-K9

But it will cost you vm resource on additional hardware. 

CMS database node resource requirements :

Database, VM, 8 vCpu, 8GB, 1x 100GB

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-meeting-server.html

And RMS issue its like CMS' scam. Because I am sure that ordering virtual TS with Conductor comes with 6 RMS license. Last year was like that. 

Regards, 

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My concern is, first, why do you have RMS licenses ? Do you have expressway ? Rich media session licenses are required for a B2B call on both Expressway C and E. You only have a CMS at the moment from what I can see. You need "R-CMS-K9" which is the software release key and needed to activate the software. Every node that will have the callbridge component will need to be licensed. The license is tied to the interface a of that particular CMS node.
If you have nodes that will be for database only, you don't need any licenses on them.

My second question would be for TMS. Did you also purchase that ? You only mention BE6k starter and 2 CMS 1k.