cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loop detected on my Expressway when outside entity calls my number

JMeeks
Level 1
Level 1

Below is a copy of the log output on my expressway.

tvcs: Event="call rejected" service="sip" src-ip="xxx.xxx.78.22" src-port="5060" src-alias-type="sip" src-alias="sip:be-shape-ndw-vtc-eng-3@xxx.xxx.82.1" dst-alias-type="sip" dst-alias="sip:9513014239700@xxx.xxx.27.31;transprt\=tcp"call-serial-number="9c90aeca-dd47-11e2-89b1-0010f325dddc" tag="9c90b078-dd47-11e2-a308-0010f325dddc"detail="loop detected" protocol="tcp" response-code="482" level="1" utctime="2013-06-25 03:30:41,376"

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Loop detected means that your configuration is flawed - you literally have a loop, caused by your search rules and/or transforms. For example - if the call is coming from the public side - Expressway Edge, and you have a search rule that matches your string that sends it to the Core, but then the Core has a search rule that's sending it back to the Edge, that would be a loop. Depending on how many Expressways you have the loop could be broader than my simple example. Check search rules and if you have any transforms - they could be modifying your dial strings too. 

View solution in original post

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Without knowing more about your topology and what those IP addresses correspond to, it's very difficult to point you in the right direction.

But, as @PJMack said, it is likely you have some search rules or transforms in your infrastructure configuration that is causing your traffic to loop band and forth from internal to external, and hence why the error is being seen.

You should be able to do a test of a search rule on your device to see how the call is routing which may help to see which rule(s) you may need to modify.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Loop detected means that your configuration is flawed - you literally have a loop, caused by your search rules and/or transforms. For example - if the call is coming from the public side - Expressway Edge, and you have a search rule that matches your string that sends it to the Core, but then the Core has a search rule that's sending it back to the Edge, that would be a loop. Depending on how many Expressways you have the loop could be broader than my simple example. Check search rules and if you have any transforms - they could be modifying your dial strings too. 

PJMack, I found the problem it was my transform pattern (which was wrong) on my expressway-e. Thank you.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Without knowing more about your topology and what those IP addresses correspond to, it's very difficult to point you in the right direction.

But, as @PJMack said, it is likely you have some search rules or transforms in your infrastructure configuration that is causing your traffic to loop band and forth from internal to external, and hence why the error is being seen.

You should be able to do a test of a search rule on your device to see how the call is routing which may help to see which rule(s) you may need to modify.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.