Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OSX 10.8.2 - Connecting USB Precision HD Camera

t.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone else have the PrecisionHD USB Camera (Cisco part no. CTS-PHD-USB) working with Mac OSX 10.8.2?

When I plug it in, a red light appears on the camera and that’s it, if I go to Jabber, the image from the camera isn't displayed. I have tried the .dmg file from downloads section but it's an upgrade file, not a driver. I am assuming the driver should install automatically, but nothing happens?

Thanks,

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could try to update the cameras firmware, I've seen a few times where a camera wouldn't work on a Mac, however after updating to the most recent version it works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

JabberVideo? if so, which version?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Idan zoran
Level 1
Level 1

Work for me

Mac Mini w/OS X 10.8.2 using Jabber 4.4 (Build 14479) Cam running software version CC1.4

Check the cam using Skype on your Mac or Jabber on a PC to rule out apps issue on your Mac... otherwise it could be the cam

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could try to update the cameras firmware, I've seen a few times where a camera wouldn't work on a Mac, however after updating to the most recent version it works.

I am running the same set-up, 10.8.2 and Jabber 4.4.  Just did the camera firmware update, CC1.5.0.MAC_RC3.  The video still doesn't work as Tom Lee describes.  The audio through the camera works.