cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4500 and Video Wall

Dave Agro
Level 1
Level 1

We're looking to purchase a video wall for one of our larger conference rooms. I am just curious how the MCU is going to display on a video wall. I understand that a conference in the MCU is going to be one stream as opposed to separate streams. However, say we get a 3x3 video wall, and we have 3x3 equal sized layout on the MCU. If we had 9 people in a conference together, I'm wondering if they would split evenly with each person on one of the displays, or if they have a chance to crossover.

Again, I understand that the video wall is technically 1 display when chaining the TV's together, and I know MCU presents as 1 stream, so I'm thinking that it's possible it won't line up exactly how we want. Has anyone tried something similar before? Just want to see what we're getting into before we end up purchasing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Next to impossible to do the way you want it - it would be more sheer luck than good management to put it that way.

Better solution would be to use a Laser/LED data projector; full HD, no lamp so no warm up nor cool down time, no fan so dead quiet. We use two Panasonic PT-RZ470EAK Laser/LED projectors in our medium size (seats 40 people) rooms - and they are absolutely brilliant. :) Lifespan is 22000 hours.

Next rooms to get this fit-out will be our +100 seat auditoriums.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Next to impossible to do the way you want it - it would be more sheer luck than good management to put it that way.

Better solution would be to use a Laser/LED data projector; full HD, no lamp so no warm up nor cool down time, no fan so dead quiet. We use two Panasonic PT-RZ470EAK Laser/LED projectors in our medium size (seats 40 people) rooms - and they are absolutely brilliant. :) Lifespan is 22000 hours.

Next rooms to get this fit-out will be our +100 seat auditoriums.

/jens