cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4501 configuration

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

How do i configure my cisco mcu 4501 to be reached by another network with a pubic IP

---

Posted by WebUser Chinwe Katchy from Cisco Support Community App

22 Replies 22

The NAT is in the router. The MCU has an IP address of 10.80.10.10, EX60: 10.80.10.11, 10.80.11.12 . Router public IP 62.x.x.x and private 10.80.10.110. NAT is done in the router

Hello Martins,

Thanks for your response, with my current design and without the introduction of any new device whta to you suggest i do to resolve this issue?

Hi Chinwe,

In this scenario, you should be able to setup the call. however there will one way audio/video or no audio/video issue.

Because, NAT is set at layer 3 however Media address is specified in H323 OLC message or SIP SDP will be the private IP of MCU, so to overcome the problem make sure router inspect H323/SIP header and change the Media/RTP address to public address as well.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sagar

Hello Sagar,

Sorry for my late response, the client decided to buy the licence for the 2nd port which has been installed but the client is still having an issue. He cannot make WAN calls but can recieve. Any advice on this?

Hi Chinwe.

How did you deploy it could you update your drawing?

In general you need to place one port in the internal lan and the other port to the DMZ on a public ip.

It might also work behind a ALG/NAT-Helper, but no garantee for that.

In addition you have to select the services which should be active on port A/B and

set routes to the correct networks (defaut to the internet, and the lan ranges to the lan port)

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/admin_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_4-4_Product_administration_guide.pdf

Page 156 and following:

Configuring IP routes settings

If the Video Firewall feature is enabled (see Upgrading the firmware), you will need to set up one or more

routing settings to control how IP traffic flows in and out of the MCU.

It is important that these settings are configured correctly, or you may be unable to make calls or access the web interface.

And to be honest, I prefer a deployment with VCS-C and -E (and CUCM)

You say he can not make wan calls, how does he do calls from the MCU,

what is he exactly dialing from where and which symptoms and error messages do you see?

Chinwe: please rate the answers using the stars below the messages and set the thread to answered if it is.

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello Martin,

Thanks for yoyr answer, I will get back to you once i am done with this configuration and will rate your answer soon.

Hello Martin,

I have visited the customer and his complaint is that they have to change the perferred port when ever they want to intiate a LAN or WAN call.  Ref to my diagram above.

How do you suggest I resolve this issue?

Hello Martins.

Thanks for your support, this issue has been resolved. How do I mark it as answered and how do I rate it.