Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 8510 Welcome Message

Pinkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to have a welcome message on the MCU 8510 that can display the conference name when a participant enters the conference.

We have TelePresence Conductor installed in our environment and when you dial into a conference it lets you straight in. The global welcome message "welcome to the video bridge" is displayed. Is there anyway to customise that so it displays the conference name, i.e. with a string like "welcome to <conference name>'s conference"?

I'm sure this would be handy for a few people to have, as you'd often get users dialling into a conference and not knowing whose conference it is. Will raise it as a feature request if there is no current way to achieve this.

Thanks

ppatel

2 Replies 2

jusstone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pinkesh,

I believe only the following can be customized with different text/images:

-Auto attendant

-Conference on-screen logo

-Welcome messages on the web interface

-Voice prompts

What you are requesting does seem like it would be useful in some organizations, but I don't believe it's currently available. I would recommend engaging your Cisco Channel Partner in order to submit a formal feature request.

Regards,

Justin

Thanks Justin... I'll raise it with our Channel Partner and Cisco Account Manager.

Kind Regards

Pinkesh