Helpful
Replies

MCU5320 with EX90(EX60)

Dawid Prus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have simple question:

Are we able to use MCU5320 (with licence 10x LIC-5300-4PL) with Endpoints Cisco TelePresence System EX90(EX60) / Tandberg EX90(EX60). ?

Do I need some extra hardware/software ? VSC, CUCM ?

Best Regards

Dawid

8 Replies 8

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Dawid,

Yes, You can use EX60/90 with the MCU only. However, You will get limited functionaility when calling in and calling out to the conferences.

You would be able to capabilities of the MCU 5320 :-

Either use IP addresses of the Endpoint and MCU when creating conferences.

Or

Use the inbuilt Gatekeeper functionaility of the MCU which acts as a H323 Gatekeeper alone.

Once you have your MCU as a gatekeeper. All the Endpoints can be registered to the MCU and you can use the H323 ID and E164 alias while calling Endpoints ( P2P) and when joining MCU Conferences.

You will not be able to use SIP URI functionaility and no TMS capabilities.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Saurabh

HI Saurabh - Remember, the 5300 Series doesn't have the onboard GK like previous MCU's. 

@Dawid - You would get better call routing etc with VCS and or CUCM if needed.  Alias dialing, SIP support etc.  But like Saurabh mentions, you limit yourself to the way your dialing.  Dialing by IP address etc.  If you had a call control device, would make life a bit easier. 

But to answer your question, yes, you can make the call between EX90/60 to MCU, but without call control device, the way you dial is limited. 

VR

Patrick

Thanks for reply

For example: if I add in network MCS7825 with CUCM 9.0 it will make that dialing will be simpler for users ?

Also, if I would like to use for videoconference CISCO 9971 phone (SIP), CUCM will be required ?

HI Dawid.  Sure.  You can register your endpoints to CUCM Application and use MCU as MRG in CUCM and/or setup randevzous meeting's on MCU and have users dial the number to that meeting and meet with other video endpoints registered to same CUCM.  9971 phone does require CUCM from what I know.  Register 9971 phone to CUCM and use MCU to conference participants etc can be done.  I'd recommend CUCM 9.1.1 if possible though as its the most current release for CUCM. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

Hi Dawid,

In that case you would have to get your MCU 5320 and EX devices registered with the CUCM 9.0 along with 9971.

You would only get SIP URI capabilities on all the devices.

And Please note when you have your MCU registered with CUCM , you wil not be able to schedule  conference through it. You can only use it for ad-hoc conferences.

Thanks,

Saurabh

All information was very helpfull.

Now it is more clear for me

Thanks

Hi Dawid,

Please feel free to rate the answers above if you are satisfied with the answers.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Yes, I agree with Saurabh, its possible but its limited.

It would be interesting to know what your expectation is.

some examples:

* booking management is limited without TMS

* centralized phonebooks would come with TMS

* statistics come with TMS

* Monitoring / Alerts are also done by TMS

* uri dialing is not possible without VCS or CUCM

* if you need to use NAT in between endpoonts and the VCS that would be handled by a VCS-E

* enhacned features like integration, bandwidth management, authentication, ... (VCS and or CUCM)

* b2b dialing (VCS)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify