Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter on Cisco SX80 - does not work yet

Hello,

Might someone able to help me or put me into the right direction? I am trying to connect my WDA to a Cisco SX80 device through its HDMI port unsuccessful. The WDA device works perfectly on the TV/monitor. There is sufficient USB power too. The Cisco SX80 device HDMI port is working well as well if I connect my laptop through HDMI cable. WDA has been firmware upgraded.

Actually I am looking for a solution similar to proximity but with proper video and sound transferring ability.

Your kind advise appreciated.

Bests,

Gabor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As @PJMack said, the Microsoft WDA is an HDCP device, so the SX80 will (correctly) disable that input when it detects HDCP content.

You will either need to use a different endpoint that will support local display of HDCP content (Codec Plus, Codec Pro, Room 55 Dual, Room 70, Room 70 G2), or insert another hardware component between your WDA and the SX80 to strip the HDCP.  The latter option will allow the content being shown to also be sent over a connected video session.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If I'm not mistaken, the Microsoft WDA has HDCP enabled. If so, it won't work, DX80's don't support HDCP input. Some video room systems now do, but not desktop systems. 

See if you can find a way to turn it off, otherwise you'll need a different solution. 

Well, I read it somewhere too but I do not know how to be sure... If that
is the case then I have to focus on stopping HDCP. Shall I read product
technical documentation maybe? Btw I am just a user from IT not a Cisco
engineer :)
Thank you for your time anyway.

As @PJMack said, the Microsoft WDA is an HDCP device, so the SX80 will (correctly) disable that input when it detects HDCP content.

You will either need to use a different endpoint that will support local display of HDCP content (Codec Plus, Codec Pro, Room 55 Dual, Room 70, Room 70 G2), or insert another hardware component between your WDA and the SX80 to strip the HDCP.  The latter option will allow the content being shown to also be sent over a connected video session.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne and all,

thank you for your time and effort answering me, now I know how to carry on.

Bests,

Gabor

Dear Wayne,

is there any (Cisco) product/equipment that could be used transferring data (video+sound) wireless from a laptop into SX or MX codec?

Thanks,

Gabor

gaborab@gmail.com wrote:

is there any (Cisco) product/equipment that could be used transferring data (video+sound) wireless from a laptop into SX or MX codec?

That will depend on how your endpoint is registered and what other infrastucture you may have present.

A couple of options are Cisco Proximity (if you register on-prem - but this has some limitations on frame rates), or Cisco Webex Teams (if you are cloud registered - although, recent versions of the Webex Teams client may also work on-prem endpoints).

Wayne

Thank you! I think I wait for proximity to improve... :)

Given the way that Proximity works, I don’t have a lot of faith that it will improve much at all.   There is significantly more development effort going in to WxT, and it’s a significantly more capable product.  I’d recommend that as a better product.  

Wayne

I would like to use a thing that can be used anybody stepping into the
meeting room with own laptop or such and push any kind of data into a
call... We have high demand for such wireless thing.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-share/index.html
This could be good be a maybe :)

The Webex Share allows people using Webex Teams to share to a screen that doesn't have a TelePresence endpoint connected.  I guess you could use it as a sharing device plugged in to an HDMI input on a codec if your device isn't registered to the cloud already, but for a device connected to the Webex Cloud, this would just be a double up of capability.

Wayne

Well, yes, we have some webex solution but there is TMS too.
Thank you for your advise!