cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Permanente Rende-Vous meeting with Host Guest role from MCU to Conductor

Criss Sawyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

we have environement with an existing MCU and VCS. Customer used to configure conference Number directy on MCU. now we need to integrate a Cisco TP Conductor and move MCU behind the conudctor. this confiuration require erasing MCU config. 

i've tried to implement a list of permanent conferences aliass (numbers already defined) with two different PINs (Guest and host) on conductor  (integrated with MCU) but guest PIN is not recognised. is there anyway i can configure those static coneferences and with PIN for guest and hosts

i have checked conductor admin guide and below what i get

By PIN: Host and guest participants dial the same alias. There is a PIN defined for hosts and an optional PIN for
guests. The role is determined by the PIN that the participant has entered. This method is supported only for
CMRs provisioned via the TelePresence Conductor Provisioning API. It is not supported for conferences
configured via the TelePresence Conductor web interface.

I believe the only way to create those permenant meeting  ( have ramdom numbers) wihtout having to create CMR templtae for each of them

regards,

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

This is correct, CMR is the way to use guest and host pins using the same alias.  Outside of CMR configuration on TMSPE, if you would like to configure static alias to resemble the old permanent conferences on an MCU, you would need two separate alias configuration that join the same conference name. 

I had some slides built out to describe this that I'll paste in here for reference, they were built around a TPS pool but will be similar for MCU pools - migrating many permanent conferences this way can be a pain and generates a lot of configuration for each room.

The host dials  'host.1234567@domain.com'  and is able to input the host pin, conference name 1234567@domain.com is created.

Guests dial 1234567@domain.com without the leading host word in my example to differentiate between the two alias, but they both join the same conference name.

Also in this example I do not allow guests to create the conference, a host must join first and open it up for them to join but this can be adjusted here.

-Jonathan

hello Jonathan,

this is very disapointing. i need to keep the same prevouis alias as in MCU.

i'll go CMR, but i need to keep those alias permanent, and aslo assigned a specifique number to each one of them. but there is no way to specify the call in number for the CMR as it is inherited from the template. in this case, i beleieve i have to create a template for each CMR specifique number.

could someone advise on this please;