cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiparty Media v400

Mikhail Kalita
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, fellow enginers! I want to obtain Advanced Multiparty licenses. As far as I know, 25 these licenses provides 13 screen licenses for Telepresence Server.  I paid attention to Multiparty v400 server like hardware for CTS. Is hardware of Multiparty v400 enough for 13 Full HD license in spite of 16 physical cores?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Hermann
Level 4
Level 4

Maximum screen licensing is based on screens.   As of right now, TPserver 4.1 on the 400v will do 18 max. 

These resolutions are all 1 screen:

Video                      Content Channel

720p30 Stereo        720p30

1080p30 Stereo      720p15

720p60 Stereo        720p15

The capacity went up on v4.1 because they lowered the maximum BW for that resolution from 4mb to 2.5mb, saying newer endpoints are more efficient etc. 

So yes, you can do 13 at full HD if its one of those and you have 13 screen licenses, otherwise you have to do a little math to figure it out.

I attached the release notes for reference.

HTH

Richard

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It would depend on the quality of the main video and content channel (if content is to be used).  Take a look at the Table 8 of the TelePresence Server Data Sheet to see how many screen licenses it would take to get the level of quality you'd want.  Then reference Table 9 to see how many participants you can connect at one time at that quality.  If you need help understanding the tables, let me know.

Note, there is a glitch in Table 9, if you look close there are commas (,) under the "Screen Licenses Required per Call" column.  Those are meant to be fractions of single screen license.  To clearly see the correct numbers, you can reference the same tables in the release notes on pgs 11-12..

OK, I will sort out with this table, but now I'm wondering about https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-56000.

13 screen licenses for Telepresence Server MCU (this provides 13 Full HD or 26 HD or 52 SD ports)  

Does Multiparty Media v400 have enough to cover  13 screen licenses? 

You can get up to 13 participants with Multiparty Media 400v, if you check the tables you can get up to 18 HD participants with content using 720p30.

One thing the licenses tables don't cover is video only without content, so I don't know how many licenses a Full HD or HD call will take in that call scenario if content isn't needed.

Regarding personal multiparty advanced, they would provide everything under that offering, which version of TelePresence Server they provide, I don't know.  The PMA document also doesn't say if content is used for those calls they are referencing either.

Yes, I got this. But only 16 cores are embedded inside Multiparty Media 400v. Are 16 cores enough for 13 Full HD ports?

I don't know the specifics about the number of physical cores that are in a MM 400v, but it should equal 30 vCPU, and I'd assume it would be capable of that number of screen licenses/ports.

OK. One more question. Is it to possible to use 10 ports for scheduled conference on MM 400v, whereas to dedicate last 3 for a meet-me. I mean this case http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/confernc.html#44608 where there are all of ports on one physical server. What does exactly mean the next paragraph http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/confernc.html#pgfId-1169728. Won't I be to able conduct scheduled conferences if I obtain MM 400v?

If using TMS you can adjust the capacity that Conductor reports to be more or less than what is actually being reported.  See the TMS Conductor Deployment Guide on pg 15.

Figure 11-2 is giving an example where all scheduled conferences is managed through Conductor.  Figure 11-3 is giving an example where all scheduled conferences is managed through TMS directly, while ad hoc conferences are using Conductor.  MM 400v requires Conductor to function, so you'd deploy it as in Figure 11-2.

Patrick Sparkman, what does "multichannel" mean in a column audio of a table about capacity the screens licenses?

Mutlichannel audio is for three-screen CTS, TX, and IX TelePresence systems.  It means that there more than two channels of audio.

Does MM 400v include ESXi  or do I have to obtain license for ESXi separately 

I'm not sure on the ESXi being provided or not, but here is another post that might answer your question.

what-required-vtps-multipaty-media-400v-hardware

Richard Hermann
Level 4
Level 4

Maximum screen licensing is based on screens.   As of right now, TPserver 4.1 on the 400v will do 18 max. 

These resolutions are all 1 screen:

Video                      Content Channel

720p30 Stereo        720p30

1080p30 Stereo      720p15

720p60 Stereo        720p15

The capacity went up on v4.1 because they lowered the maximum BW for that resolution from 4mb to 2.5mb, saying newer endpoints are more efficient etc. 

So yes, you can do 13 at full HD if its one of those and you have 13 screen licenses, otherwise you have to do a little math to figure it out.

I attached the release notes for reference.

HTH

Richard

HD is 720p, Full HD is 1080p, and you can only get 9 Full HD calls on a MM 400v.  So he'd have to settle for a little bit less resolution, it's still HD, just not Full HD.  As I've said and Richard above, you can get up to 18 720p HD calls on a MM 400v.

Why does a quantity of cores in the table 9 (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-server/data_sheet_C78-7287571.html) equal 30, though MM 400v includes only 16 physical cores?