Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multisite feature: SX20 vs C40

Hi All,

I quite confuse about the difference between SX20 and C40 in term of multisite capability.

Is it right that C40 can handle more particiapnts at the same time than SX20 with the same infrastructure (MCU)?

And then Am i right that the Four way 1080p30 High Definition SIP/H.323 MultiSite capability means that you can have total 4 participants (including you) at a time with quality of 1080p30? If it's true then is it possible to have more participants with lower video quality?

Thanks in advance.

Best reagrds,

Yedi

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

There is no difference between the SX20 and C40 multisite capabilites; maximum number of participants are 1+3 (self + 3 additional sites ). This is regardless of resolution, so, no - you will not be able to increase number of participants by lowering resolution.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark questions "answered " if applicable.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, the amount of multisite participants is always 3+1 in more recent software versions you can also get in +1 audio calls.

As far as I know 1080p multisite can only be archived on the C90.

I only saw it in the sx20 datasheets that max resolution of the multisite call is dependent on the

amount of callers (3-way resolution up to 720p30 / 4-way resolution up to 576p30)

Multisite on a C40 should be always up to w576p30.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11304/ps11312/ps11332/data_sheet_c78-628593_ps11422_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

There is no difference between the SX20 and C40 multisite capabilites; maximum number of participants are 1+3 (self + 3 additional sites ). This is regardless of resolution, so, no - you will not be able to increase number of participants by lowering resolution.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark questions "answered " if applicable.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, the amount of multisite participants is always 3+1 in more recent software versions you can also get in +1 audio calls.

As far as I know 1080p multisite can only be archived on the C90.

I only saw it in the sx20 datasheets that max resolution of the multisite call is dependent on the

amount of callers (3-way resolution up to 720p30 / 4-way resolution up to 576p30)

Multisite on a C40 should be always up to w576p30.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11304/ps11312/ps11332/data_sheet_c78-628593_ps11422_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: