Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX 300 G2 Unable to update software

Hope someone can assist me, we have a few Cisco Tele Presence MX300 G2 device which are currently on version ce 9.2.4 and the latest version is CE 9.15.16.5, we are trying to update the firmware however the device is not recognizing the cop file of 9.15 version and under the device software download page it does not allow me to download earlier versions. I was thinking it might have to be upgraded to 9.9.4 before I would recognize 9.15 file.

How can I proceed with updating these devices to the latest firmware which are currently on 9.2.4.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

COP Files are for firmware upgrades via CUCM.
COP Files are installed in CUCM and then the endpoints download the firmware from CUCM!!!
That's basic CUCM knowledge and has been discussed already so often even in the last month.

You need the .pkg file for download via the endpoint's web-GUI.

And maybe you need to do a step by step upgrade, but this is all describe in the release notes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I think maybe you need to do a step upgrade before you go to the latest software version 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.59.19 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.59.34 PM.png

For more info please check the below link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

b.winter
VIP
VIP

COP Files are for firmware upgrades via CUCM.
COP Files are installed in CUCM and then the endpoints download the firmware from CUCM!!!
That's basic CUCM knowledge and has been discussed already so often even in the last month.

You need the .pkg file for download via the endpoint's web-GUI.

And maybe you need to do a step by step upgrade, but this is all describe in the release notes.

Thank you both for responding to my question.

This was helpful, and yes I was able to get the version updated with the .pkg file for now, will upload the cop to CUCM for further updates.

Note no step upgrade was needed in this case to update from 9.2.4 to version 9.15.6.5 

I would really appreciate it, if you would mark my answer as a solution too.
I mean, I provided you the answer ... so why are you rating your own post as "solution"?