cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX300 G2 will not autofocus

jbburks
Level 5
Level 5

My MX300 G2 will no longer autofocus. It did before, but is not now.

When you zoom in on something, it tries to focus and then goes back out.

Code version is TC7.3.0. All config settings for autofocus are set to auto or yes.

4 Replies 4

Erich Novak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi JB there was a bug for autofocus in 7.2 it seems it re appeared in TC7.3 - if you reboot it will focus again - I have a TAC case open on this issue and hope to get a solution soon.

Hello, I have seen this issue on the MX300 G2. I also have a TAC case since rebooting in the middle of conferences is a hindrance. Below are the different codes the devices have been on.

TC7.1.4 - Cameras ran 6 months on original firmware no issues except only did military time.

TC7.3.2 - Firmware upgraded and within 2 weeks cameras started to get blurry.

TC7.3.3 - Firmware upgraded again and within 2 weeks cameras started to get blurry again.

Hello,

I have the same issue on the MX300 G2 using TC7.3.3

There is a TAC Case opened

CSCuw80861 "MX300 G2 camera loses focus coming out of standby"

Waiting for solution...

I never saw this issue when it specifically came out of standby. I just recently got updated from TAC that sometimes if you upgrade the code and skip around it can miss some updates. This might be more generic than an actual fix to this problem but they did recommend downgrading code to TC7.3.2 then waiting 15 minutes and upgrading again. (If it was skipped.) Otherwise I was told that the cameras never truly go to sleep and keep running even when the monitor is off. They said this could accumulate heat thus over time creating the focus issue.

In the environment I am working on they have multiple MX300G2's and we just recently upgraded code to TC7.3.4 (on Cisco's site) because I was told it puts the camera into a true sleep mode. This is a brand new release and is not specifically the fix for the focus issue. I will let it run for a couple of weeks and try to remember to post the results.