Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help - Camera not connected in Tandberg 6000 MXP

Shy Solenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After connecting HD camera to the codec tandberg 6000 mxp i get message camera not connected.

There is speicial cable to this code? and what is the s-video pin on the codec that mark as"main cam" ?

Thanks in advance

Shy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The cable of camera to Edge MXP is similar but it is not working with 6000 MXP codecs. I guess that your cable is marked with C3000 ( works only with Edsge and 3000 MXP codecs ) . You need the cable marked with C6000. I don't know the CISCO SKU for this cable. Maybe it will help you TANDBERG reference :

115420  - HD Camera cable T6000, 2m

115421  - HD Camera cable T6000, 5m

Hope this help you !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

In order to control the camera, and make the camera get detected by the system you would have to use a VISCA cable ( video control cable )

You can find more information about the cable in this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

//Marius

Thanks,

I'm using visca cable but i still have message that the cam is not connected..

Hi Shy,

What type of 6000 MXP codec to you have? Be aware that there are 2 types of this codec :

- one / older /  with TANDBERG analogue camera ( camera has 2 cable connections : S-Video for video and serial for control and power )

- one / newer / with TANDBERG HD camera ( camera has 1 single cable connection : proprietary TANDBERG serial cable for video/control/power connected to codec's HD serial connector   - marked as MainCam HD on the codec )

If you are using TANDBERG PrecisionHD camera you should use that dedicated cable ( RJ-45 to serial ).

You should first check the type of the codec. Just look on the mark serial connector ( old codec :  Data 2 / new codec: Data2 MainCam HD )

Great thanks,

I have the new codec with the PrecisionHD camera. but i don't have the dedicated cable (i have only cable of canmre to edge) and it dosn't work. where can i find the ordering of the dedicated cable?

The cable of camera to Edge MXP is similar but it is not working with 6000 MXP codecs. I guess that your cable is marked with C3000 ( works only with Edsge and 3000 MXP codecs ) . You need the cable marked with C6000. I don't know the CISCO SKU for this cable. Maybe it will help you TANDBERG reference :

115420  - HD Camera cable T6000, 2m

115421  - HD Camera cable T6000, 5m

Hope this help you !

Great thanks for all the help

I found the cable.