cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Ports,communications VCS - Conductor-TS

tec cou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a bit of confusion with this, in an internal conference call, involved two VC systems, VCS  - concuctor- TPserver.

which are the ports and direction, in this called? 

5061 Sip signaling ? Endpoint:5061 ->VCS:5061->Condutor:5061->TPserver:?

media ports ? Endpoint <->VCS<->TPserver

thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

See below diagram for reference.This is based on my understanding.

• Video endpoints will register to VCS using SIP TLS (secured) for call signaling.
  • VCS and Conductor will communicate via neighbor zone using SIP TLS (secured).
  • Conductor and TP Server/MCU will communicate using SIP TLS (secured)  for call signaling and to support auto-dialed participant for the TP Server/MCU to know where to direct signaling request. 
  • Conductor and TP Server/MCU will communicate via HTTPS for the Conductor to manage the TP Server/MCU remotely.
  • Media between video endpoint and conference bridge (TP server/MCU) will flow directly in both ways once call signaling is established.

For more details take a look at the deployment guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/config_guide/xc3-0_docs/TelePresence-Conductor-Cisco-VCS-B2BUA-Deployment-Guide-XC3-0.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

I missed something in the first diagram. Sorry for that. I already updated it.

• Video endpoint will start a session to VCS using the port >=1024 (any).
  • VCS will listen at port 5061 for SIP TLS.
  • Outbound SIP TLS port range for VCS is 25000-29999.
  • Listening port for video endpoint will be port >=1024 (any).
  • For RTP/RTCP/Media, once signaling and call flow between video endpoint, VCS and Conductor are complete, the call is set up and media flows directly between the endpoint and the conference bridge. 

for details:

• On the example above, the RTP/RTCP/Media ports are different in this case. This is for traversal call from internal endpoint to VCS-C to VCS-E to external endpoint.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

See below diagram for reference.This is based on my understanding.

• Video endpoints will register to VCS using SIP TLS (secured) for call signaling.
  • VCS and Conductor will communicate via neighbor zone using SIP TLS (secured).
  • Conductor and TP Server/MCU will communicate using SIP TLS (secured)  for call signaling and to support auto-dialed participant for the TP Server/MCU to know where to direct signaling request. 
  • Conductor and TP Server/MCU will communicate via HTTPS for the Conductor to manage the TP Server/MCU remotely.
  • Media between video endpoint and conference bridge (TP server/MCU) will flow directly in both ways once call signaling is established.

For more details take a look at the deployment guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/config_guide/xc3-0_docs/TelePresence-Conductor-Cisco-VCS-B2BUA-Deployment-Guide-XC3-0.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

Great !!!

I have some doubts?

Video endpoint start session to  VCS listen port 5061.

But, 

VCS in your diagram , you point port 5061 , but in "local outbounds ports" in VCS , it should not be 25000-29999 ? Or Conductor start session whith VCS ?

In my list or VCS "local outbounds ports" , I do not have port 5061.

Thanks in advance

I missed something in the first diagram. Sorry for that. I already updated it.

• Video endpoint will start a session to VCS using the port >=1024 (any).
  • VCS will listen at port 5061 for SIP TLS.
  • Outbound SIP TLS port range for VCS is 25000-29999.
  • Listening port for video endpoint will be port >=1024 (any).
  • For RTP/RTCP/Media, once signaling and call flow between video endpoint, VCS and Conductor are complete, the call is set up and media flows directly between the endpoint and the conference bridge. 

for details:

• On the example above, the RTP/RTCP/Media ports are different in this case. This is for traversal call from internal endpoint to VCS-C to VCS-E to external endpoint.

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks for the support Acevirgil , 

one last point, although in the guide indicates> = 1024 for endpoint,  Cisco equipment in TC7x ... , really would be port 5060/5061 ? for sip signaling.

I'm not an expert of Firewall devices but as per my understanding, Cisco TC7.x.x video endpoints will used any ports starting from 1024 to 65535 for SIP signaling. By default it will be 5060 or 5061.

For SIP registration and call setup/control signaling, video endpoints listens for SIP  requests and SIP responses on the default trusted SIP ports (5060 for TCP and UDP or 5061 for TLS over TCP).

regards,

Acevirgil