Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Quality issues on endpoints

WARNING: Network Quality

There are problems with the network quality. Please contact your system administrator. Use Tracking number 5607109 to refer to this incident.

Getting this error message on several endpoints, checked and verified config on interface level of switch and endpoint settings and were set correctly.
4 Replies 4

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

What endpoint(s) are you referring to? What software versions? What is your infrastructure? You haven't given much information here. 

Look in the logs - what is the actual error? Excessive packet loss, jitter, something else?

If your problem is packet loss, I'd recheck your settings - packet loss is often caused by a duplex mismatch, make sure the codec settings are on auto and they negotiate a full duplex connection. If one side is set to auto and the other is forced to 100/full, the auto side will land on 100/half and you'll have major quality issues. 

This is not a software version issue as we can see this issue on our EMEA site with most of the endpoints.

I have tried to change the speed settings from Auto to 1000full as it is hard coded on the switch interface but that did not fixed the issue and gave another warning that Cisco recommends to keep both the sides on Auto negotiation.

We are troubleshooting on the network side, most likely this is an issue on the network hops as we are getting packet loss and jitter on calls.

OK - you didn't answer any of my questions, but you said the switch ports are set to 1000/full - why? That is not the norm on a gig switch, and as you said yourself Cisco doesn't recommend doing this. Keep in mind packet loss can be caused by a problem anywhere in the path of the udp traffic carrying the audio/video, I'd bet you have duplex mismatches somewhere. 

good luck!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What call rate are your calls at?  If you drop your call rate, you may not see as many issues, but can still keep the video quality at what could be an acceptable level (ie, you can still often get a good quality 720p image with a 768kbps call rate).

Is there congestion anywhere in the network between the two?  Do you have an adequate QoS policy on your network that extends from end to end that gives priority to the audio and video?

The more information you can give us on endpoints, models, software versions, network topology, etc will allow us to give you a more specific answer rather than taking stabs in the dark at what your issue could be out of a list of a thousand possibilities.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.