Views
Helpful
Replies

No Audio Video with VCSC and VCSE

Muhammad Irfan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have end point registered on CUCM, and VCS-C, if some one call dial us from outside call can be connected, but no audio video is coming. Even when we tried to registered end point to VCS-E. Same thing is happening.

We are using only LAN2 on VCS-E with static NATIN. We are using LAN2 as external network.The traversal zone configuration is done on LAN ip address of VCS-E

Any advise.

I have attached my logs in the attached word file.

5 Replies 5

Luis Campos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Just to have the call flow clear, you have one endpoint register to CUCM and another one to VCS-C, the call is coming from outside through the VCS-E, and on either endpoint there are Media problems? Or the call is coming through CUCM?

Do you have the same issue with outgoing calls?

You can get a diagnostic log on the VCS-Ex/VCS-C to make sure both endpoints (internal and external) are asking to send/recv media to the proper ip address. 

Also ussually this could be a NAT issue on the network, you also can check that. 

Finally a tcpDump from the VCS-Ex will help you to check the ip address negotiation for media and if the media ist being send/recv for the correct ip address. 

I hope this can be useful. 

Regards, 

Luis C

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

If you're using NAT then you must have the dual-nic option key installed on the VCS-E even if you are only using one NIC as the option key also allows you to enter the NAT settings. This must be entered as the VCS-E must know both addresses.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Actually I m using single interface with static NAT, what I have found on document that the traversal zone from VCS-C to VCS-E should be on static NATED IP (Public IP Address), coz media and signaling are sent to VCS-C with that public IP address.

So I also attached the tcpdump logs where I can find that , rtp, rtcp traffic is sent from VCS-E with the public IP address.

Now I will use dual LAN interface and update you all.

Thanks for your response.

Doesn't matter if it's static NAT, as I said earlier; you must have the dual-nic option key installed, which will allow you to enter the NAT/Public IP address details the VCS-E requires for this to work.

This issue has been covered numerous times in the past in this forum.

/jens

Yes we have installed dual-NIC key option.

Is there any way where we can force VCS-E to send traffic to VCS-C with the private IP address not with Public IP Address.