Views
Helpful
Replies

no cisco phone with voice port?

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

could any one advice me about "switchport voice vlan"?

I have a configuration like:

interface GigabitEthernet 1/-/1

description test phone

switch port access vlan 100

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 200

when I plug a no-cisco phone into this port, the phone try to get dhcp from vlan100, not vlan 200.

do I have any chance to force it go to vlan 200? o

Any comments will be appreciate

Thanks in advance

julxu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Most IP phones have some mechanism for setting the VLAN - Cisco phones use CDP, but other phones do not. Check with the manufacturer, or post up the type of phone you have.

For example, some phones require you to set custom DHCP options to set the VLAN.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Some non-Cisco phones understand LLDP. LLDP also allows you to give voice- information to the phone. See if your phones and switches support LLDP!

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Most IP phones have some mechanism for setting the VLAN - Cisco phones use CDP, but other phones do not. Check with the manufacturer, or post up the type of phone you have.

For example, some phones require you to set custom DHCP options to set the VLAN.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Some non-Cisco phones understand LLDP. LLDP also allows you to give voice- information to the phone. See if your phones and switches support LLDP!

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: