cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way sip video and audio since VCS upgrade

davidwild
Level 1
Level 1

I am having one way SIP video call since upgrading to 8.73 on the VCS C and VCS E.

H.323 works fine and looking at call logs there are no obvious errors.

There have not been any firewall changes that I am aware of in the company.

Could it be ports or some settings defaulted after upgrade etc?

3 Replies 3

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VCS upgrade should not affect any existing settings that could result in one way audio/video issues.

- Is this happening for SIP-SIP non-traversal calls between the endpoints or SIP-SIP calls traversing outside via VCS E?

- Which side faces one way audio/video? Is it the calling or the called endpoint?

- Is there one way audio/video since the beginning of the call or it drops after sometime?

By looking at the diagnostic logs we can identify if the audio/video ports are being shared by both the endpoints and TCPDump from the endpoints can help us identify if the endpoint is actually sending audio and video.

SIP traversal via VCSE

call connects fine but outward video and audio in missing.

We upgraded from 8.6 to 8.73.

No errors in the log that I can see and when observing a bridge call incoming and outgoing appear to be ok.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which version were you running before the upgrade to X8.7.3?

There were some changes to the SSL in X8.7.2 and X8.7.1.  These changes are mentioned in the X8.7.3 Release Notes.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.