cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open/Closed Captioning for Future TCS

brian.mccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if Cisco any plans in the future to integrate captioning into future TCS's or possibly even. The technology is out there that can translate voice into text. This would be a very useful feature. For instance, a customer of ours is an agency who's employees are prdominantly hearing impaired. They called us asking if captioning is available. To my knowlege, someone would have to be participating in the conference typing out a transcript.

4 Replies 4

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

we don't generally discuss product roadmap on the forum. But if you are interested in some features that you think it would enhance and make your business more productive, please discuss that with your channel manager and he/she would make sure your requested feature forwarded to the respective product manager.

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Brian, As informed by Ahmad, please reach out to the Cisco Sales/Account Team of your region to submit a New feature request for captioning in TCS future release.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this, or anything else involving TCS really.

The original TCS team was shown the door by Cisco some time ago, only the guy who pretty much invented the thing (was Ectus then;http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/3273 ) is left, but he now works in a dfferent area of Cisco,still within the Telepresence area though.

Cisco has the code, and after what I hear, they started looking at doing something with it only a couple of months ago, if that - hence 5.3 has been around for so long without any updates.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thank you for updates. I believe if the demand is there, Management will act on customers/partners request to provide the necessary products whether through update or upgrade or resuscitation of old products, etc. to meet those demands. As the old saying says: If you're never ganna ask, you're never ganna get it.

Best regards, Ahmad