Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook plugin for CMS conference scheduling

dpuntaric
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a customer who is willing to switch from SfB to Jabber but one problem I cannot solve. Customer is used to having SfB meeting plugin for Outlook which they use when conference needs to be scheduled. That way every participant receives mail with link which is opened by SfB and they are connected to conference.

Does Cisco have something like that?

They already have CMS and TMS setup and scheduling is done using Outlook, but meeting confirmation is sent only to the meeting organizer and organizer needs to send it to everyone else, and even that only works when TP endpoint is added as location (as per design).

This needs to work in any case, either with or without TP endpoint and so that all users receive confirmation e-mail with link to be opened by Jabber without mediation from meeting organizer.

Can anyone help me with that?

This is go/no-go feature and I need to figure out how to replicate same MO that SfB has.

Thank you!

BR,

Darijo

3 Replies 3

Hi @dpuntaric,

take a look at the following post: TMS Schedule with Jabber.

Hope this helps or give you some directions,

Marcelo Morais

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMSXE 5.3 supports Skype meetings, you can schedule your Skype meeting and include TelePresence endpoints/users to the meeting and they can connect via CMS.

TMSXE 5.3 Release Notes

Regarding the email confirmation from TMS when scheduling using TMSXE, that is by design, I think Cisco is working on a solution, but I don't know for sure and if/when it will ever happen.  I the meantime the organizer that received the confirmation email from TMS will need to either forward that to the attendees, or copy the contents and paste it into the original meeting invite.  This is documented in the TMSXE user guide.

Salim_Guerid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @dpuntaric,

I might be too late but we have created an Outlook Add-In which might answer well to you requirements: http://www.quickonline.ch/cms-outlook-addin/ 

--------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I work for this company.