cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal MultiParty (PMP) not being used

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I've converted licensing on Conductor xc4.1.0 to Multiparty and I have 45 PMP's and 0 SMP.

When I start a conference RendezVous or Scheduled via TMS from a AD user with Jabber the Conductor is consuming a SMP license instead of PMP (see attach).

A sync of all AD users in TMS & TMSPE has been done but no change.

Can I convert the existing screen licenses on vTPS to SMP licenses on Conductor? What do I need to do?

rgds, Geert.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Yes the problem is solved.

Seems a sync problem with AD.

1. user must be in AD

2. user must also be imported into CUCM and have a device assigned, eg Jabber

3. user must be imported in TMSPE and PMP must be assigned

4. the CMR template must have "Multiparty License Mode" set to "Personal Multiparty"

PMP will be used if CMR of that user is activated or if scheduled conference with user as owner is started or whit Ad-hoc conference initiated by that user.

A force sync in TMSPE solved the problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Geert,

Please check below bug 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw95499

Regards,

Raaj

Thanks!

Strange, I'm running TMS v15.1 where this bug should be solved.

I will check the logs and open a SR.

Probably should open a case with TAC and see if there is something else that is reconfigured or if the bug really isn't fixed.  If you find out the answer, be sure to let us know.

Hi Geert,

Did you check with Cisco.

could you please let us know as how it is resolved ?

i have read the document it says even the local created user will use SMP, so we need to have user from AD only.

Regards,

Raaj

Hello Raaj,

Cisco Tac is still working on this problem.
PMP seems to be only used in combination with TMS and TMSPE. The user needs to be an AD user.

PMP will be used for CMR and for conferences scheduled by AD user that is listed in TMSPE.

In all other cases SMP will be used.

rgds, Geert.

Hi gfolens

Have you resolve this problems?I have this problem too and I have try to use AD user but it still have this problem.

Hello,

Yes the problem is solved.

Seems a sync problem with AD.

1. user must be in AD

2. user must also be imported into CUCM and have a device assigned, eg Jabber

3. user must be imported in TMSPE and PMP must be assigned

4. the CMR template must have "Multiparty License Mode" set to "Personal Multiparty"

PMP will be used if CMR of that user is activated or if scheduled conference with user as owner is started or whit Ad-hoc conference initiated by that user.

A force sync in TMSPE solved the problem.

Hi Geert,

Thanks for letting us know the RCA.

Cheers,

Raaj

Hello,

I am not sure why the user needs to be in AD for the conductor to use the PMP. Is it not possible to create a user manually in TMSPE and also in CUCM having the same exact userid, name etc etc ? I know this is not scalable but we are only going to use a dozen of users and the cucm is not AD integrated. I do not see why this should be a limitation 

Is there any explanation for this ?

Regards

No, you must use LDAP

Not the username is checked but the GUID (globally unique identifier)

See:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/troubleshooting/MultipartyLicenseCallflow.pdf

Eυχαριστώ!