cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision 60 Camera Issue

DenisWhite74884
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SX80 with a Crestron device and P60 camera. The issue that I am having is that while I can get the camera video to show at times on the monitors I cannot control the pan/tilt/zoom/left/right/up/down feature. I am getting a no camera detected on the touch 10 device and I am not getting it on the Crestron device. There is no indicator light that is showing that the camera is on but it is because I can see myself on the screens. When I login to the sx80 it shows no camera detected as an error message. I have verified that the sx80 settings are correct by verifying that they are set to a known good systems settings. I am also getting a black screen when I am sharing or the other side is sharing a presentation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derek Payne
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the HDMI from the camera is working fine. (picture) But the control cable from camera to codec is not.   Run a new Cat6 from the camera to the codec.

Video Conferencing since before it was cool or cost effective.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Derek Payne
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the HDMI from the camera is working fine. (picture) But the control cable from camera to codec is not.   Run a new Cat6 from the camera to the codec.

Video Conferencing since before it was cool or cost effective.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The camera control issue is likely to be the ethernet cable from the SX80 to the P60.   Make sure it is present, is a working cable, and is connected to the right ports at both ends.

You also mention you have the SX80 integrated with a Crestron system - it's nearly impossible for us to trouble shoot how that is integrated with the SX80, or things like your presentation issue, as the Crestron system will be interacting with the SX80 and controlling what it can or can't do.   If you can disconnect that and test with just the Cisco equipment with default configurations, then that will be a lot easier to diagnose as to why your system isn't working as you expect, this will rule out the 3rd part control system as the cause of your issue(s).  Once that's sorted, you can work with your Crestron integrator to add the Crestron System back in again and adjust any of the Crestron code if required.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

DenisWhite74884
Level 1
Level 1

Running the new cable worked for the camera control.