Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem sending CDR from Call Bridge to CMM

MLGertJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have an interesting situation to discuss with you guys and galls.
Previously we had 2 Call Bridge clusters with 2 different CMM-s managing those clusters. All clusters and CMM-s were on version 3.3.

Now we decided to upgrade all our clusters to 3.6 and convert to smart licensing. Also we connected both clusters to 1 CMM so it would be easier to manage and we have all our licenses on 1 virtual account so we can't use 2 CMMs anymore.

Problem is, that one of the call bridge cannot send CDR information to CMM. Just for the testcase I added it back to it's original CMM and CDR errors went away.
When I add this problematic Call Bridge back to new CMM it shows CDR sending errors.
CMS Event logs:
2023-01-24 08:54:24.549 Info events 17<cmm IP address>: new connection accepted
2023-01-24 08:58:39.213 Warning CDR events; in connecting state for 60 seconds, abort and restart connection for cmmFQDN/meetings/cdr/8/?token=e6301fdXXXXXed039XXcc33aXXf58e3eXXX62ed6

After that it just goes into Warning CDR events loop. Every 60 seconds same error.
Talked to network operations team about it and they don't see any deny events or problems between CMS and CMM (TCP traffic).

On the CDR connection I use ONLY FQDN, no IP address anywhere. Also HTTPS connection on port 445.

Can it be a problem if 2 call bridges in different clusters have same webadmin port (445)? It is not very logical, but heey...it is CMS we are talking about

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
normally, it shouldn't be a problem, that multiple CMS cluster use the same CMM as the CDR receiver.
In the URL that gets configured in the CMS, there are different tokens to distinguish the clusters.

And no, it doesn't matter if both clusters have the same webadmin port.
CMS only uses outbound connections to CMM CDR receiver.

Hei!

Yes I understand this token part, CMS gets it's CDR receiver token from CMM but the problem is that same CDR receiver connection reset error. It is spamming my logs and conference is starting with a delay on CMM.
I have old traditional license file on CMS (cms.lic file), can it be part of the problem?

MLGertJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hey!

I want to clarify situation a little bit - ATM CMM is showing "CDRs have never been received for server CMS_cluster2" under Notifications, but when there is a meeting on that cluster, it will show with a few minutes delay. I can mute participants etc. but why CMS is showing connection reset?

Maybe you can take a pcap trace and check with wireshark, if CMS is able to establish a connection.

But, CDR has nothing to do if you see the active meetings and use the meetings controls. This is done via API.

Hello!
PCAP looks bad...

Capture.PNG