Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with CTS-3010 and Telepresence Server switching

We have an issue where a certain CTS-3010 is in a multipoint call via a Telepresence Server blade, no matter who is speaking, it occasionally switches over to the left hand segment on the CTS-3010 - i.e. everyone will start seeing that segment as it it had become the "active speaker", even if a completely different endpoint is actually speaking.

While at first glance this seems like an environental issue (e.g. the left microphone is picking up noise from somewhere in the room), the issue does not occur during multipoint CTMS calls or point-to-point calls with other CTS units.  This has been quite extensively tested with the Telepresence Server, where it's reproducable and with CTS/CTMS units where it does not occur at all.

Lastly, it doesn't appear to be occuring with any of our other CTS-3010s.

We are running CTS-1.7.2

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

antigles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

It sounds to me as if you were being impacted by CSCtr37983 "Ghost switching of CTS3000 on TS". I would recommend you opening a SR to TAC to have it confirmed.

Best regards,

Antonio.

Thanks, I have logged a TAC case.

Can you please tell me where this bug/error is documented?

Hi Nick,

The link to that specific bug is http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr37983

You can search bugs, view bug informations and much more using Cisco Bug Toolkit at

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

Best regards,

Antonio.

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

As Antino mentioned it seems to the be a bug with the Telepresence Server.

Have you tired the same setup with other CTS 3XXX end points as well (Using the Telepresence Server) , If so what was your observations

As per the bug release this issue will be fixed in 2.2 of Telepresence Server.

The Telepresence server is already using version 2.2(1.43).

We've seen it occur on another CTS-3000, although it was much less pronounced.  I should also note that there's no audible background noise in the room and the AC is positioned so that it evenly distributes air between the left and right hand sides.  That said, it's possible that there is low level background noise that we can't hear, but the room was fully remediated in line with Cisco specifications.