cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Protocols and ports for Cisco/Tandberg connections for QoS?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

For QoS purposes, is there a document that describes all the protocols and ports that need to be considered when marking and classifying Tandberg voice, control, and data packets? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's better to enable diffserv marking and mark video and signaling traffic at the end point level

Trust the dscp on the switch port and uplink ports

And use this marked traffic in your qos policies

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Use DSCP markings on the endpoints, set switch ports to trust, set layer 3 policy to use DSCP.

You can set DSCP values on each endpoint and in VCS.

Typically AF41 for video RTP and AF31 for signaling regardless of h.323 or SIP.

This is referred to as the trusted endpoint model and helps avoiding the large port range configs in your policies.

The admin guide for each endpoint and piece of equipment will list the ports and how to set DSCP values on Tandberg.com under support, documentation.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's better to enable diffserv marking and mark video and signaling traffic at the end point level

Trust the dscp on the switch port and uplink ports

And use this marked traffic in your qos policies

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Marwanshawi - I understand what you are recommending and agree with it. But, I need to know the call set/control ports and data ports so that I may set up the correct class maps for LLQ and service polices on my L3 WAN links. Is there a white paper, or a portion of a config guide, that has that list?  Thanks

Control or signaling is depend on what you arebusign SIP, secure SIP 5060 or 5161

Or h323

For media traffic it is large range of udp RTP traffic you can trynto search it but this will not be very accurate of you have VoIP in your network as they might overlap that's why using marking on the end point level and switchs trust boundaries is the best practice to do it

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Use DSCP markings on the endpoints, set switch ports to trust, set layer 3 policy to use DSCP.

You can set DSCP values on each endpoint and in VCS.

Typically AF41 for video RTP and AF31 for signaling regardless of h.323 or SIP.

This is referred to as the trusted endpoint model and helps avoiding the large port range configs in your policies.

The admin guide for each endpoint and piece of equipment will list the ports and how to set DSCP values on Tandberg.com under support, documentation.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App