Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS marking testing

t.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We had telepresence system in our office and implemented QOS in the network.We want to check the QOS marking in a network for our telepresence system during point to point call but we had restriction that we cannot use he wireshark software in our campus.

IS their any purticular tool that we can check the QOS marking in a network when their is call

we are using two 3010 telepresence systems.

Regards

Tarun

4 Replies 4

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tarun,

You can check this in the sysop log files which are viewable form the GUI. Whenever the markings change (usually because the codec starts receiving media) you'll see log entries like the following. This is always what the codec is receiving.

2013-02-23 21:23:47: INFO Audio DSCP Current Marking: [EF], Previous Marking: [EF]
2013-02-23 21:23:47: INFO Audio COS Current Priority: [0], Previous Priority: [0]
2013-02-23 21:23:47: INFO Video DSCP Current Marking: [AF41], Previous Marking: [AF41]
2013-02-23 21:23:47: INFO Video COS Current Priority: [0], Previous Priority: [0]

I believe you can also check the DSCP markings of media you are receiving in a live call the GUI under Call Statistics. To see what we are marking sent packets, check Telephony Settings in the GUI. This is set from Call Manager under System -> Service Parameters.

Tyler Wilkin

TAC TelePresence

Thanks Tyler I will check and update you

regards

Tarun

daniel.bloom
Level 1
Level 1

Another option could be to export netflow statistics to a netflow collector, if there are netflow capable devices in the media path.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks both of you

i had checked from the browser it had shown the marking during the call

Regards

Tarun