cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuadCam Motion Tracking

James Evans
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had a WebEX Room Kit Pro with a QuadCam installed. Our setup uses a stage rather than a conference table. Currently when the QuadCam tracking is turned on it operates with a closeup snap to the speaker after they have moved positions. 

Is there a way to get the camera to simply follow the speaker actively instead of snapping the shot?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@James Evans wrote:

Is there a way to get the camera to simply follow the speaker actively instead of snapping the shot?

No, the speaker tracking will "snap" between the positions where the person is speaking as the camera is actually doing a digital crop of the physical camera image to present, and not actually moving with the presenter.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

What you are probably after would be running the endpoint in Presenter Track mode with an additional Precision 60 camera as the Presenter camera.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@James Evans wrote:

No, the speaker tracking will "snap" between the positions where the person is speaking as the camera is actually doing a digital crop of the physical camera image to present, and not actually moving with the presenter.

Wayne

I was afraid of that. I think the installer may have elected to provide us with the wrong model camera. Iv'e seen demo's videos in the past where the camera will follow track (digitally or optically i don't know)

Can someone tell me what the correct camera model would allow for follow tracking?

thanks

What you are probably after would be running the endpoint in Presenter Track mode with an additional Precision 60 camera as the Presenter camera.

Wayne