cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

I have a question regarding on this Bill of Material. This is already an old BOM and just want to clarify something if there is missing here.

I will deploy a Conductor and Expressway Core as virtual machines (co-resident) on 1 UCS C220 M3S servers. TMS server on the other UCS C220 M3S server as standalone with Windows Server 2012 R2. I have also 2 Multiparty Media 400v server to deploy 2 virtual Telepresence Servers.

2 R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 Cisco UC Virt. Foundation 5.x (2-socket) ----> ESXi host

1 UCS C220 M3S server ----> Conductor + Expressway-C (Virtual Machines)

1 UCS C220 M3S server ----> TMS on Windows Server 2012 R2 (standalone)

1 Multiparty Media 400v ----> Telepresence Server (Virtual Machine)

1 Multiparty Media 400v -----> Telepresence Server (Virtual Machine)

Total = 4 UCS servers.

On the BOM there are 2 quantities for R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 - Cisco UC Virt. Foundation 5.x (2-Socket). Is this enough to deploy the solution as mentioned above? 

Thank you.

Sy

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding is that you need one of these for each piece of hardware, so, in your BOM above, you have two C220s, so need 2 Foundations, one for each.  Your 400Vs, if bought as Telepresence server appliances (even though technically running as VMs) already come built that way and do not need a seperate Foundation.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne for your reply.

So i will be expecting on each Multiparty Media 400v server there is a VMware ESXi host already installed and ready to deploy the virtual Telepresence Servers?

Here's the content of the BoM that contains the 400v Hardware (item 9)  and the virtual Telepresence Server + licenses (item 10).

thanks and regards,

Sy

Hi Wayne,

Just to update you. I checked the MM400v servers if they have built-in ESXi but there were no operating system for these servers. 

This is how the server looks like during boot up!

Need to install ESXi on the server to deploy Telepresence servers as virtual machines. R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 should be ordered separately to activate the ESXi.