Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Help on Cisco UC 520 Configuration

h_ramdolin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am new to UC 520 Call Manager Express and Cisco Unity Express. I would like help in solving the following problems encountered during the config of the latter:

1. Call Transfer

- When I transfer a call, I need to know if the other person to whom the call will be transferred is available or not,

- if possible i should be able to put the current person on hold and call the other person and see if he is available or not before doing the transfer

- if ever a call is being transferred and the other person is busy or unavailable, the call should be reverted back or forwarded to another number instead of going to voicemail.

2. Configuring phones for call conferencing.

Please note the following details:

Unity Express Version being used: 3.0

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1. In order to get transfers working the way you like, ensure you create ephone-dns as 'dual-line' - this allows one call to be on hold whilst a 'transfer' call is made outbound. Also ensure transfer-system full-consult is configured under 'telephony-service' mode. Basically transfers then are two-step - whilst on a call, hit transfer then dial the target extension. If they answer, announce the caller and hit 'transfer' again, or hit 'end call' to go back to the original caller.

2. You can enable three-party conferences by setting 'max-conferences' under telephony-service. It works the same way as transfer; hit 'Confrn' to start whilst on a call, dial another phone, and then when they answer Confrn again to set up the conference.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks a lot, above solution works fine for me.