Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Required Bandwidth for HD720p

Hi everyone,

In Cisco documents there is no clear information about required bandwidth for HD connections. I tested two C20 endpoints and I see that they could do HD720p at 512 kbps bandwidth. Is there anyone who tested that? And is it possible for someone to test this on MCUs? I have no a demo MCU so I can not test.

Also I need to see any formal information about that. Do you have any documentation which explains that?

Best regards,

Tufan                  

5 Replies 5

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Tufan,

The required bandwidth for HD connections is available in the administrative guide. There is a table available which points out all the information you require. For you reference, I am attaching the screenshot of the document. For any further details, you can check the administrative guide for C60 TC5 Page 68.

Here's the screenshot:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

Actually I see that my demo C20 can do HD720p at 512 kbps. But in the document it says that it can do 720p30 at 768 kbps minimum. This issue sometimes might be important in case of competition with Polycom.

Reggards,

Tufan

Hi Tufan,

I dont think an HD call is possible at 512kbps. Can you show xstatus when the call is connected ?

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi all,

I have 1x MCU 4205, 6 x Edge95 and 2 x Edge75. How to caculate bandwidth for MCU 4205 with best quality video when have multisite call for 8 sites.

Thanks,

Le Trung Tin

Hi Mubashshir,

You can find the screenshot showing the call status below.

Best regards,