cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

screen sharing issue in cisco codec while join ms teams using cvi

mayurrathod3795
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing problems with screen sharing when we join a meeting on a Cisco VC device through the MS Teams platform. However, we are able to successfully share our screen using our local device or laptop when joining the same MS Teams meeting using Call icon in touch screen.

While using the Webex platform able to share the screen from LAPTOP using HDMI media.

Furthermore, customers also have the Cisco Video Integration (CVI) license.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your post doesn’t actually say what the issue is so I’ll assume you meant that the share button doesn’t appear at all. If that’s the case then the endpoint joined via WebRTC and not CVI where this isn’t supported.

Cisco VIMT does not yet support cross-tenant joins so CVI is only possible if the meeting host organization (ie M365 tenant) has it.

i have upgraded cisco VC device and registered it to WEBEX cloud. after it i got all the platform symbols on my touch panel (MS teams, WEBEX, zoom, and others). when I am joining MS teams meeting by clicking MS  teams platform icon on touch panel , I will able to join meeting and its working fine but when local laptop user wants to share presentation using HDMI connect in laptop its does not working. when I join same MS teams meeting by clicking on call icon and adding sip address I able to join meet and share the screen using local laptop.

It is working fine in WEBEX, I did not facing any issue in it.

Your response to Jonathan is exactly what he described. When you click the teams button and enter the microsoft meeting number you are joining via WebRTC, and sharing is not supported. When you dial the SIP URI you are joining via some soft of CVI gateway service, perhaps Cisco VIMT or Pexip - it doesn't really matter, in that scenario you can share. If you have calendaring set up you should be able to invite the endpoint and have the SIP URI in the invite to get OBTP which would make it simpler, but if you don't using the call icon and dialing the SIP URI is the way to go. Keep in mind - in this scenario it's not really a MS Teams call, it's a SIP call, so you don't use the teams button. 

im agree with your response but my client is saying he purchased CVI license for MS teams integration with cisco. so now he is now agreed with solution of joining screen using sip calling. is there any solution or steps that i can follow so im able to share screen while joining meeting using mst teams icon from touch panel?

The native MS Teams button on RoomOS 11 actually supports WebRTC and CVI but you have to enable the latter; it's off by default. See Enable WebRTC and CVI to Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting from Board, Desk, and Room Series. The default hostname value for UserInterface MeetingJoin CVITenants differs by provider (e.g. Cisco vs. Pexip) but the xAPI documentation includes additional guidance: 

In the following examples, the video conference ID is 123456. If UserInterface MeetingJoin CVITenants is set to "tenant@m.webex.com", the URI becomes 123456.tenant@m.webex.com. If UserInterface MeetingJoin CVITenants is set to "vc.example.com", the URI becomes 123456@vc.example.com

To be clear though, this does not overcome the current product limitation of Cisco VIMT which requires the M365 tenant of the meeting host to have a CVI solution. If the customer is joining a meeting scheduled by another organization and that invite lacks a Video Conference ID section (i.e., there is no SIP URL) then WebRTC is your only option currently. We cannot discuss the product roadmap on the support forums as that requires an NDA but you may want to ask your Cisco account team about it.