cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartNet Licensing

abbasali5
Level 1
Level 1

If we drop the Cisco SmartNet Renewal on most of the Cisco TelePresence Endpoints, what are the major implications besides not able to download and upgrade new software version, and replace the hardware if it goes bad.  The device license (registration to CUCM) is covered under Flex though.  We have many Video-end point devices, and the cost of SmartNet is very high.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The big issues I see as:

• No software upgrades (new features or bug fixes)
  • No hardware replacement if a device (or part of) fails
  • No TAC support when you have an issue and want help

So, it's up to you whether you see these as worthwhile things to spend money on, or if you have other workarounds or experience in fixing things to be able to do it yourself.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Well it’s not really a question that anybody else can answer you. It’s at your discretion to select if you think it’s worth having support for your infrastructure or not. Personally I would recommend you to keep it though.

Response Signature

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The big issues I see as:

• No software upgrades (new features or bug fixes)
  • No hardware replacement if a device (or part of) fails
  • No TAC support when you have an issue and want help

So, it's up to you whether you see these as worthwhile things to spend money on, or if you have other workarounds or experience in fixing things to be able to do it yourself.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.