Helpful
Replies

SoundsAndAlerts RingVolume

Manuel Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

CODEC SX80

Software Version: ce9.3.1.61bfa3834f2 

When we change from one source to another (from one HDMI to another HDMI) we hear a tone. This occurs everytime when we change from camera to computer or vice a versa. We have changed the volume setting in the configuration SoundsAndAlerts RingVolume from 50 to 0, which works fine, until we reboot the endpoint, than it defaults back to 50. We have attempted creating a template in TMS and adding a config change via Execute API commands and configurations. Still it will default back to 50.

I understand that 0 will disable to volume when a call come through. That is not an issue for us.

Would appreciate any assistance on this.

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

There will be an option in a later release to disable UI sounds like the one you described. I am not expecting to see the feature until CE9.7.0.

I guess the reason you get default volume 50 is that the default volume is configured to 50. Even if you set the current volume to 0 it will reset to default after boot.

Change the default values or use a macro to keep the volume under control. 

/Magnus

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your response on this.

I have attempted to change the config file with the following:

xConfiguration Audio SoundsAndAlerts RingVolume: 0

Once I reboot the CODEC, it defaults back to 50.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tested this and my device does not reset the value to 50, it stays at 0. My guess is that some default configuration template is pushed when you reboot the device. You could either find out what is causing the update or you can install this Macro on your system:

const xapi = require('xapi');

const config = "Audio SoundsAndAlerts RingVolume";

function resetRingVol() {
  xapi.config.set(config, 0);
}
resetRingVol(); xapi.config.on(config, resetRingVol);

This basically locks the ring volume to 0. When enabled you can try to change the ring volume but you wont make it :). The macro starts automatically after boot and will override whatever is defaulting it back to 50. Its a workaround but if you are desperate for a quick solution..

/Magnus