Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Room 55 not saving some settings

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have just deployed three Spark Room 55 units registered to CUCM 11.5.

They are running software version 9.2.4.

They seem to be working largely ok but some settings are not being saved and are lost after a few hours even if the units are not powered down.

The ones that I have noticed are NTP server and auto-answer.

For NTP server under Network Services > NTP I select Manual for Mode and enter an IP address which seems to be saved ok but reverts back to Auto under Mode.

For Auto-Answer under Conference > AutoAnswer I select On for Mode which again seems to save but reverts back to Off after a few hours.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
CUCM is reverting any manual configuration changes made to NTP and auto answer. You need to set NTP within CUCM, and must be configured as unicast. Auto answer is configured on the DN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
CUCM is reverting any manual configuration changes made to NTP and auto answer. You need to set NTP within CUCM, and must be configured as unicast. Auto answer is configured on the DN.

Thanks Patrick,

The answer seems obvious now you pointed it out.

Maybe it would be good for Cisco to put a note in the web GUI saying this setting may be controlled by CUCM.

Is this a simple way to stop it from reaching back to CUCM?

I have the same issue, only it doesn't save any H323 settings (or anything else for that matter) and I don't have access to CUCM. So as a temporary solution I'd like to stop the reachback so my manual configurations will hold.

You can change the provisioning mode from CUCM to TMS or VCS and it won't talk to CUCM at all, but it won't be registered to CUCM then either. You cannot register it to both CUCM and an H.323 Gatekeeper if that's what you're trying to do.