cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST upward compatible?

Nico Bellack
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that srst does not depend upon the cucm version, but from the phone load version.

Cisco released documents, where you can find the supported firmware versions and platforms for each SRST Version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_device_support_tables_list.html

But, what does this mean? Is SRST only supported with these firmware versions or can I use newer firmware versions?

my concrete question is: is SRST 8.0 supported with the phone load 9.1.1SR1 for example?

regards

Nico

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Nico,

There's no problem if you use newer firmware than the ones specified in the table.

Regards,

- Adrian.

hello Adrian,

thx for your post.

my problem is, I need an official document from cisco with this statement, but I can't find anything...

regards

Nico

Hi,

"my concrete question is: is SRST 8.0 supported with the phone load 9.1.1SR1 for example?"

Look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs80spc.html

Search for: "Cisco Unified IP Phone Support"

-The documentation states what is the recommended firmware version for IP Phones, when running certain SRST version.

-If you decide to use newer firmware version that doesn't mean that they won't be supoprted.

-Remember that every firmware upgrade is release to introduce new features or bug fixes.

-In addition 9.1.1 is a firmware that looks like a SIP nomenclature, if you look at the table "Cisco Unified IP Phone Support", you'll find that the recommended firmware for SIP Phones, is not specific:

HTH

--

Jorge Armijo

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

hello Jorge,

I know this document and that ist my problem. I can't find the word "recommended", only the word "Support".

My SE means, that we have to use these firmware versions to get full support from Cisco. But I can't believe that.

It must be possible to use newer firmware versions. for the CUCM Version I found an official statement in the release notes of the firmware. The firmware is compatible to CUCM 6.0 and later. Perfect. But I can't find "compatible to SRST X.Y and later" or something like this.

BTW: we use SCCP.

regards

Nico