Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 input resolution

liquid_ke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've got an SX10 here, and according to the data sheet, it supports HD1080p 30fps as an input resolution on the HDMI port.  However, no matter what I do, my machine refuses point blank to give me the option to set that display to 1080p, the max it seems to want to give me as a supported display is 1280x768.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Software support for 1080p presentation resolutions was recently added in Collaboration Endpoint Software 8.0.0 (CE8.0.0) - I tested and verified this. I have updated the bug to reflect this information and should be visible within 48 hours.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As from the data-sheet it also explains the following:

Optimal definition up to 1080p30 with content sharing at WXGAp5

and

BFCP (SIP) dual stream
  Resolution up to WXGAp5

The port support 1080p but for presentation only WXGAp5 can be utilised today.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's an issue with the Data Sheet on the web site that incorrectly lists 1080p in the Video Input section.

If you have a look at the Administrator Guide for the SX10, you will see, on page 115, that the video input currently only supports up to 1280x768 (WXGA).

If you want 1080p30 you'll need to use a different model endpoint (ie, an SX20).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the confirmation Wayne [+5].

Manish

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not supported yet.

Manish

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv04974/?reffering_site=dumpcr

SX10 is not supporting 1080p on presentation
CSCuv04974

Has this been resolved ?

Yours

Neil Silver

Not in any of the current software versions (up to TC7.3.3 which is the most recent as of the date of this post).

If, or when, it will be fixed will be mentioned in the Bug Report in the URL you posted.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Software support for 1080p presentation resolutions was recently added in Collaboration Endpoint Software 8.0.0 (CE8.0.0) - I tested and verified this. I have updated the bug to reflect this information and should be visible within 48 hours.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus,

Is there any chance of this being fixed in the TC software series for those customers that have no desire to move to the CE train just yet (due to a number of issues found in beta releases so far and the end-user training effort required due to the changed on-screen interface for other model endpoints)?

Wayne
--

Wayne

Hi Wayne

I understand what you are saying but unfortunately this will be difficult to get in TC at this stage.

The argument is: This was not actually a "bug" in TC software but by initial design. The bug reference is to track the enhancement request to support 1080p presentation in software. New features / enhancements will only be added to CE software going forward. In TC software we are fixing bugs but not adding new features nor incorporating enhancement requests in general. 

/Magnus

I have ce 8.21 and getting the unsupported resolution error, any suggestions?