Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10/SX20 with CWMS and CMS

HeribertoVV
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a solution with endpoints registered to CUCM, a CWMS integrated to CUCM and working inside the network and also from the Internet (IRP). We are going to implement Cisco Meeting Server.

I have these questions about CWMS, CMS and endpoints like SX20, SX10, DX70 y DX650.

1. Can an endpoint call directly to a WebEx session (CWMS on-premises) by calling a SIP route pattern (or something like that) and have the ability to see all other users' video (if enabled)?

2. Can a user in a session in CWMS to contact to a user in a Cisco Meeting server room?

3. My client has also TMS licensing. It is useful to have it implemented if we have CWMS and CMS?

4. Can a PC with Jabber (CSF registered to CUCM) call to a CWMS session?

5. If we haven't any TelePresence solution other than SX20 endpoints, Does they would have to ability to stablish a videoconference? I mean, have more than 2 users in a videocall?

Our CWMS version is 2.6. We have also Expressway solution. TMS 15.x. We have a license: TMS Starter Kit for CMS (Acano). Includes TMS 25 devices (for what does it work?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shared Multiparty License (aka SMP) is used with a Conductor managed TelePresence Server or with Cisco Meeting Server.  One SMP will license a single conference, and the number of participants is unrestricted, but the total number of participants is based on the available capacity of the hardware.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Heriberto,

let me answer only what i know,

1.  Yes, cucm has a sip trunk to cwms, so you can point route patterns to it to connect to your meetings

2 --

3. CWMS has a scheduling component in it, it has an Outlook client plugin that is really easy to use for scheduling purposes. so as far as I can see you do not need TMS. 

4.  yes, you can call in and participant in a webex meeting

5. No, CWMS is not a multi party video conferencing solution, it is audio only. for multi party video conferencing you need a telepresence server

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hello Dennis, thanks for your answers.

In the fifth question I tried to ask if SX20 or SX10 are able to make video calls without using a TelePresence solution like Conductor/Server or Cisco Meeting Sever? and, if they can, how many users can join in this videoconference and video quality? SX20 must call all the devices that will be in the videoconference?

Kind regards.

SX20 to SX10 point to point is possible by "dialing the IP address or the remote end".  It is not possible to do multiparty conferences without webex or a conductor.

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The only integration between CUCM and CWMS (Cisco WebEx Meeting Server) is audio only, no video, take a look at the CUCM Integration chapter in the CWMS Planning Guides for more information.

CWMS doesn't support TelePresence integration, this was some years ago planned, but no longer on the roadmap.  If you search the forums here as well as the Cisco Communities, there are several discussions around this.

TMS is used for video conference scheduling with TelePresence endpoints and conference bridges such as Cisco Meeting Server, it has no integration with CWMS.

If the SX20 has the Multisite option key, it can host a 4-way multiparty conference which would consist of 3 participants + the host SX20, refer to the SX20 Data Sheet for more information on Multisite.  Note, CUCM doesn't support IP dialing, so any calls to/from the endpoints would need to be a SIP URI, or the endpoints DN.

Thanks for your answer, Patrick,

I have these licenses listed in my SX20:

Shared Multiparty License for 1 Concurrent Meeting - 5

Choose if VCS or for CUCM version 11.x TP-Room License - 5

RMS Licensing included with PMP & SMP - 5

Shared Multiparty License for 1 Concurrent Meeting for XC/TS - 5

Shared Multiparty License for 1 Concurrent Meeting for CMS - 5

Does any of those work for a multipoint conference? How many users?

Kind regards.

Shared Multiparty License (aka SMP) is used with a Conductor managed TelePresence Server or with Cisco Meeting Server.  One SMP will license a single conference, and the number of participants is unrestricted, but the total number of participants is based on the available capacity of the hardware.

Does a CWMS session permit URI dialing? I mean, a SX20 able to call something like: session1.webexyyy.domain.com and get connected to the WebEx session? I remeber this option is possible in WebEx cloud.

No, as I mentioned in my previous reply, CWMS doesn't support TelePresence integration unlike the WebEx Meeting Center which is a SaaS offering and not on-premise like CWMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: