cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and Touch Panel Pairing (username & password)

Hello,

Cisco TelePresence SX20, connect to CUCM 10.5.2

SW-Version : TC7.2.1.cb31c3d

I have a problem with Touch Panel , i would like connect the touch panel (8) to the  system sx20 over the IP-address  but I get permanent the login mask with username & password, we have the problem since 1 week after a SW-Update to TC7.2.1.cb31c3d.

I can logon me on the web page of the sx20 with the same username & password but I can’t logon me over the touch panel.

I have send a api-command  

Xcommand systemunit adminpassword set password:xxxx but it doesn’t help and  a HW-reset of Touch panel doesn’t help also.

It were very kind full if you can support me.

Best regards

Homyoun

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1.  Is the admin username blank?  If so, the Touch Panel will not accept a blank password.

2.  Check the Device settings in CUCM and see if Telnet is on.  The Touch Panel uses Telnet, not SSH to send API Commands.  By default, CUCM disables SSH and Telent. 

3.  If the SX20 has been on more then 15 minutes without the touch panel connected, the "Listening" window has expired.  So you will need to either A)  Login to the SX20 and manually turn pairing mode back on, or B) Reboot the SX20 so that Pairing Mode becomes active again. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

1.  Is the admin username blank?  If so, the Touch Panel will not accept a blank password.

2.  Check the Device settings in CUCM and see if Telnet is on.  The Touch Panel uses Telnet, not SSH to send API Commands.  By default, CUCM disables SSH and Telent. 

3.  If the SX20 has been on more then 15 minutes without the touch panel connected, the "Listening" window has expired.  So you will need to either A)  Login to the SX20 and manually turn pairing mode back on, or B) Reboot the SX20 so that Pairing Mode becomes active again. 

Hi Nicholas,

Many Thanks for your support , it was very helpfully , the problem was that the Telnet was disabled .

Have a nice day

Best regards

Homayoun

Glad it worked!

Hi Nicholas,

we have the same problem as Homayoun, but our security restrictions do not allow us to use telnet as it is a unsecure protocol which sends clear text. So this is no solution for us. Is there a possible workaround for this problem?

Kind Regards, Jannik

Hi Jannik,

In previous information I found, it stated that SSH could be used however when we tried that at client sites, it never worked.  In more recent versions, you can try just with SSH and not Telnet and see if it works.  

In CUCM simply set SSH to On, and Telnet to Off for the device and then follow the reboot or manual pairing process.

Cheers,

Nick~