cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 codec max calls reached after one audio call is connected?

bradgames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have various SX20 devices deployed on our corporate network that are all currently on the same software version: TC 7.2.1.

For some strange reason the one device does not allow a second call (audio) to be placed and added after it has established the first video call?

Has anyone else experienced this?

In system status it says the MaxNumberOfActiveCalls = 1 where as my other SX20 systems say MaxNumberOfActiveCalls = 2?

I have attached a pic of the issue experienced when in the 'call control' tab

thanks

Brad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Does the SX20 have Multisite Option installed? Verify on the Home tab.

If no Multisite option installed, adding another call for multipoint call will make the  second call to become audio participant only and this is a normal behavior. You mentioned you cannot add another call (audio), is the system provisioned and registered on CUCM?

Check also under Configuration > System Configuration > Conferences what is the Multipoint mode:

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Does the SX20 have Multisite Option installed? Verify on the Home tab.

If no Multisite option installed, adding another call for multipoint call will make the  second call to become audio participant only and this is a normal behavior. You mentioned you cannot add another call (audio), is the system provisioned and registered on CUCM?

Check also under Configuration > System Configuration > Conferences what is the Multipoint mode:

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks very much the Multipoint mode was set to Auto but when setting to off this allowed the secondary audio call i was after.

Strange thing is that all our other SX20 untis have that setting set AUTO and they are not experiencing the same issue??

None the less at least its working as expected! - thanks really appreciate your response.

regards,

Brad

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

I have the same problem, except I have multisite enabled.

SystemUnit State MaxNumberOfActiveCalls: 3

A system with multisite should be 3 video + 1 audio, so a total of 4. Toggling the Multipoint mode between Off and Multisite does not resolve.