Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 doesn't start when VGA-HDMI converter is pluged on HDMI 2

Hi

I have had 2 issues with  2 SX2 installations that use a VGA-HDMI converter connected on HDMI 2. The problem is SX20 doesn't star when you turn it off and turn it on when converter is plunged.

If you unplug the converter, start the SX20 and plug it again when the OS charge completely. It works correctly even from stand-by state, but if you reset the SX20 it doesn't start. 

This happen even with a simple DVI-HDMI converter.

¿Is this normal or it is a configuration issue?

thank you

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

darmckin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Waldo, I have not seen the SX20 exhibit this behavior before.  What version of software are you currently running?  Cisco won't support a black box type of solution (converter from HDMI to VGA) like you are trying to deploy, but try to make sure that your software is running the latest code.

As for this also happening with a HDMI to DVI cable, that should not be.  If you are also having this when using a simple HDMI to DVI-D cable, and are running the latest code, let me know.  Perhaps we can dig into this a bit more.

Hi Thank you for the answer.

The Codec is new, I thing it is 7.3

Do you know if is there any Cisco document that says the converter is not supported? I'm looking for information about this unsuccessfully.

I didn't try with HDMI to DVI-D simple cable.

Thank you

Best regards