Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 - Failed to send

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I don´t have experience about Telepresence. My Customer is having in the first time the follow problem: is possible access the web interface locally, but, not is possible to access the web interface remotely. I saw in troubleshooting option that is appearing the message: "SIP registration failed. Failed to send. Verify SIP configuration and connectivity to SIP proxy". I did the reset in SX20, but, without sucess.

Could I help me, please

Thanks ,

Wilson

5 Replies 5

prkurup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Wilson,

Greetings..!!!

The error that you are getting of failed SIP registration, may be due to incorrect configuration.Please check the following:

1.In the network service, ensure that your SIP mode is ON2. On the SIP configuration page, check that you have given the correct SIP URI.It should be in the format of number@proxy server IP address or proxy name.In case of proxy name, make sure it is resolvable via DNS server.

3. Please add the the proxy server IP address in Proxy 1.

Thanks,

Prathibha

Hi Prkurup,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. I verified with my Customer and the configuration that You mentioned are correct. Are there another things that should be verified?

Thanks,

Wilson

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have port 80/443 opened on the firewall where the SX20 is located, otherwise you'll be unable to access the web interface.

Have you checked the logs on the SX20 to see why it can't register?

Is the SX20 configured to use a static IP, if so, do you have DNS addresses configured as well?

Hi Patrick Sparkman and Patrick McCharthy,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. The Customer told me that the all ports are available (there are not blocked). The Customer informed too that yesterday to night the SX 20 registered, but, after lost the register. Is appering that there are problem about network (routing maybe). Unfortunatelly I am not getting to do upload the configuration for Us.

I am not information if the SX20 is trying register in CUCM or VCS. Too not get open the files to do if the SX20 was registering.

Thanks,

Wilson

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You've described two different problems that are probably caused by the same thing - you probably have a routing and/or firewall problem. If you can only get to the web GUI when on the local network there is a reason. Are you sure the IP is configured correctly - right subnet mask and default gateway? If either were wrong that would explain your inability to get to the GUI from other networks and the inability to register the endpoint. What are you trying to register to anyway - VCS or CUCM?