cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 going away?

mostrander1
Level 1
Level 1

I see there are some SX20 sku's that are end-of-sale (EOS) but I am getting conflicting information about whether or not the SX20 is really going away.

Can someone confirm either way? 

We have several SX20's and I am looking to buy another one but my Cisco partner is trying to talk me out of it because it's "being discontinued".  Does anyone have the straight answer on this?

5 Replies 5

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!,

As with every endpoint, they have their life cycle and are replaced by new endpoints, spark room kits and spark room kit plus are the way to go for small room endpoints for now.

SX20 is a bit of an "Old Generation" endpoint and will go away at some point (Sooner rather than later).

Keep in mind EoL does not mean your endpoint will not have support, usually it starts with an end of sale where it stops being sold but contracts can still be renewed, it then starts moving to End of Software support and eventually end of hardware support, though these usually take longer.

We always recommend going with newer endpoints if possible.

Hello, If the Precision 60 camera does not work with the SX20 and now that Cisco has announced an End-of-Sale and End-of-Life for the SX20 with the P40 and 12X camera, what camera is one supposed to use with the SX20? See links below: 1) https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-739956.html 2) https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-740247.html Is this Cisco's way of indirectly telling us that the SX20 should no longer be purchased even though the endpoint itself is not end-of-sale? We have 115 SX20s installed in our environment and more installs to come so we are wondering what is the way forward here. Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.

There's nothing really indirect about these EoS notices.

The SX20 only comes in 2 varieties:

1. with a P40/4x camera
  2. with a 12x camera

Both of these are covered, each by a separate EoS notice.  Therefore, the SX20 is EoS, effective July 30, 2018 when the 12x camera variation goes EoS.  The P40 variation is already EoS.

You still have 5 years before they reach End of Support, so you don't have an emergency to replace them yet; you just can't buy more after July 30.

The Webex Room Kit and Webex Room Kit Plus (with Quad Cam or P60) are considered the replacement product for the SX20. The SX10 could also be considered in some scenarios, as could the SX80 or even the Webex Room Series.  All are supported for on-prem registration.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

The below link is for EOL and EOS of SX-20. You basically has to check your model and see that is included in the EOL/EOS.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/eos-eol-notice-listing.html

There will be a mile stone for each support for this device. if you are planning to purchase a SX-20 and that particular model has reached EOL/EOS, you can check the EOL/EOS document and find out the replacement model of that device.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Further to other people's points on this, most situations that you would use an SX20 for are better covered by a Webex Room Kit or Room Kit Plus.